Blue Cheese

OK, I found the original version of this recipe on the Web somewhere but I just can't seem to remember where, so if you recognize it, please point me to the Web site that I should credit as the source. Meanwhile, here's my tweaked variation for "Blue Cheese," which we tend to use on pizza, sandwiches, salads, pasta and, most deliciously, in a baked tart shell with caramelized onions. Mmm—tangy!

1 tub firm tofu; frozen, thawed and drained
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 cup vegan mayo
4 tablespoons tahini
4 teaspoons white miso
4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
4 teaspoons fresh chives (or 2 teaspoons dried chives)
pinch freshly ground pepper and salt

Crumble tofu in a bowl; add the other ingredients and mix. Let the mixture rest a bit; it firms up a little after a while, or you could blend it even further for a salad dressing. (In today's version, I didn't have enough parsley in the garden, so I rounded it out with some fresh rosemary; we'll see how that affects the flavor.)

No comments: